Terms & ConditionsThe EmoryCard is the official Emory University ID card; hereinafter the “Card”. The individual identified on the Card is the “cardholder”. A cardholder may additionally choose to open an optional Eagle Dollars account; herein referred to as “Account”. The Account will be administered by the EmoryCard Services Office, a division of Student Financial Services of Emory University located at Boisfeuillet Jones Center. By using the EmoryCard, the cardholder agrees to be bound by all of the EmoryCard terms and conditions outlined below:
I. General Terms
- The Card is the official Emory University ID card.
- The Card is the property of Emory University.
- The Card is non-transferable and may not be altered in any way.
- The Card should be in the cardholder’s possession at all times and presented upon request to any University Official.
- The Card may be confiscated from cardholder as a result of inappropriate or illegal use.
- The Card provides access to certain facilities, programs and services offered at Emory University.
II. Lost, Stolen or Damaged Cards
- A lost, stolen or unauthorized Card must be reported immediately in person at the EmoryCard Services office; via email at email@example.com; by telephone at (404) 727-6095 Ext. 6; or online through My EmoryCard Web Center.
- A charge of $30.00 will be imposed for all replacement cards.
- NO charge will be imposed for a card that breaks due to normal usage or for a card in which the prox or smart chip no longer work for opening doors, so long as there is no visible damage to your card. It will be up to the discretion of the EmoryCard Services office and its management if a fee is assessed.
Once a new card is
made, previous cards cannot be re-activated nor will a fee
be refunded. The rate(s) listed in this paragraph are
subject to change.
III. Eagle Dollars Account
- The Eagle Dollars Account is optional and it is a record of pre-deposited funds accessed by the cardholder for the purchase of products and services. There is no daily limit on the number of purchases that may be made and debited; however, no debits or charges shall exceed the amount of deposited funds. No interest shall be paid on any balance in the Eagle Dollars account.
- The cardholder must present his/her Card at the time of use in order to purchase products and/or services.
- The cardholder understands and agrees that the Eagle Dollars Account shall not be used as a credit card; to obtain cash advances; or to purchase any gift cards.
- The cardholder understands and agrees that the Eagle Dollars Account is non-transferable.
- The Eagle Dollars Account will be activated automatically upon receipt by the EmoryCard Services office of an initial deposit. Deposits may be made as follows: (1) online at My EmoryCard Web Center found at www.emory.edu/emorycard using MasterCard, Visa, Discover or American Express; (2) via OPUS using ACH; (3) in person at the EmoryCard Services office with cash or check; or (4) by mail with a check or money order only.
- The Eagle Dollars Account cannot be used to pay tuition and fees; please see studentfinancials.emory.edu for more information.
- The Eagle Dollars Account can only be used at participating off-campus businesses and on-campus locations. For a list of participating merchants click here.
Transactions: There are no charges assessed to the cardholder for any Eagle Dollars Account transactions.
Returned Items: A $25 returned check fee will be charged for all returned checks. A check or credit card given in payment of University expenses that is returned unpaid by the bank creates indebtedness to the University. Student Financial Services administers matters relating to the collection of all returned items for students and non-students. Any returned item creates indebtedness to the University and may affect enrollment.
See Lost, Stolen or Damaged cards for related fees.
V. Cardholder Liability
The cardholder is responsible for all charges made to the card; even if the card or account number is lost or stolen. Therefore, it is important to notify EmoryCard Services immediately upon discovering loss or theft. Emory University is not responsible for any loss or expense caused by loss, theft, or misuse of the EmoryCard or the Eagle Dollars Account.
VI. Refunds and Returns
Merchandise may be accepted for return in accordance with the refund policy in effect at the place of purchase of the product(s) and service(s). Any refund(s) accepted by the place of purchase shall be credited to the cardholder’s Eagle Dollars Account. No cash refunds will be made for any purchase made with the EmoryCard.
VII. Receipts and
If the point-of-sale terminal is equipped to provide receipt, the cardholder will receive a receipt in accordance with the merchant’s policy; it is the cardholders’ responsibility to ensure that the amount charged by the merchant and the receipt are correct. An Eagle Dollars Account activity statement is available online at My EmoryCard Web Center at any time.
VIII. Account Closure
- The Eagle Dollars Account will be closed if the cardholder ceases to be a student, employee, or affiliate of Emory University; i.e. graduation, withdrawal, or termination.
- At the time of the Eagle Dollars Account closure, any remaining balance over $25 will automatically be refunded. Any remaining balance of $24.99 or less will be refunded only after providing a written request to EmoryCard Services.
- Emory University will mail a check in the amount of the remaining balance to the cardholder at the permanent address on record with the University. The University Bursar’s Office reserves the right to use this refund to offset any outstanding University balance on your account. Please allow approximately four to six weeks for any refund to be processed.
Note: An employee can discontinue adding funds to his/her Eagle Dollars Account via Payroll Deduction at any time by contacting the EmoryCard Services office. Termination of payroll deduction will take effect on the next available payroll cycle from date of request.
- Eagle Dollars Account funds left on the EmoryCard with more than twelve (12) months of no activity are considered inactive.
IX. Error Resolution
- Cardholders are responsible for verifying the accuracy of charges by merchants and receipts of charges. If there is an error on a receipt, the cardholder should contact the place of purchase where the incident occurred. Emory University does not handle merchant refunds.
- If the cardholder would like more information about a specific transaction found on the Eagles Dollar Account activity statement, the cardholder may contact the EmoryCard Services office by telephone at (404) 727-6095.
- All requests pertaining to errors must be in writing.
- When making a request for an adjustment to an Eagle Dollars Account, the cardholder must provide the following information: (1) the cardholder’s name and identification number; (2) a description of the transaction in question and explanation of discrepancy; and (3) the dollar amount of the transaction in question.
EmoryCard Services office will investigate the cardholder’s
request and provide a written decision to the cardholder
within ten (10) business days. If an error is found, the
EmoryCard Services office will make the necessary
adjustments to the cardholder’s Eagle Dollars account. If no
error is found, the EmoryCard Services office will provide
the cardholder with a written explanation. The cardholder
may request copies of the document(s) used to conduct the
The EmoryCard Services office will keep
Account specific information confidential to the extent
permitted by law. Account specific information will only be
disclosed to third parties (a) when it is necessary for
completing transactions, (b) when it is relevant to any litigation,
investigation, or dispute involving the university, (c) if you give your
written permission, or d) if it is otherwise required under state or
federal law. If you request the release of information to a
third party, the release will expire when the card is no
longer valid, or at your written request - whichever comes
ID PHOTOS: EmoryCard photos can be used for official University business and may be subject to disclosure to third parties under applicable state and/or federal laws.
XI. Changes in Terms and Conditions
The terms and conditions of the EmoryCard are effective upon receipt of the card and remain binding until the cardholder is no longer affiliated with Emory University. If any changes are made to the terms and conditions, the EmoryCard Services office shall provide the cardholder with notice of changes at least thirty (30) days in advance of the effective date. Prior notice need not be given where immediate change in terms and conditions is necessary to maintain or restore the security of the Eagle Dollars Account.
XII. Governing Law
These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Georgia.