Student Financial Services

Department Services

Requests for Non-Emory Employee and Non-Emory Student ID Cards

For individuals who are not actively paid by Emory or who are not currently enrolled Emory students, can request a Sponsored Account through University Technology Services (UTS). These individuals may be Contractors, Research Assistants or visiting students working for Faculty.

Procedures for Requesting a Sponsored Account:

  1. Be sure that the person you want to sponsor meets the sponsorship criteria - see More Information, below.
  2. Be sure that you are a faculty or staff member with an active Emory account, and are in the same organization or department where the sponsored person will be working
  3. Go to
  4. 4. If prompted, log in with your Emory NetID and password.
  5. 5. On the left of the page under Self-Service, click Service Request Catalog. You may need to click the downward pointing Vs to the right of "Self-Service" to get Service Request Catalog to appear.
  6. Under Network Account, click Sponsored: Account Request
  7. Complete the form by entering all the requested information about the user you are sponsoring. Items with a red vertical bar are required.

Once the Sponsored Account has been created the department will receive a confirmation email. Please forward this confirmation email to . Include the applicant’s name and the requested activation date of the account. In order for the individual to obtain an official Emory ID Card, the Request EmoryCard for Sponsored Account form must be completed and forwarded to the EmoryCard Services office. If you need additional information please contact our office at 404-727-6095.

EmoryCard Equipment or Application Requests

If you are requesting a card reader for an on-campus event with alcohol, please note that the Campus Life online event registration form will serve as the request for EmoryCard readers for student organizations, fraternities, and sororities.

Student Organizations Chartered under the Student Government Association
Register your event here
Questions? Contact the Office of Student Leadership and Service (OSLS).

Fraternity or Sorority groups under the Office of Sorority and Fraternity Life (OSFL)
Register your event here
Questions? Contact the Office of Sorority and Fraternity Life.

Academic and Administrative Departments will continue to work directly with the EmoryCard Services to reserve card readers and may find the request form under Forms - Request for EmoryCard Services.